Saturday, November 23, 2013

Parenting in a Digital Age

This post is for my teammate Ashley. As I understand it, she has been looking at parenting in a digital age-- specifically how growing up with technology impacts our generation's parenting styles.

I decided to try and find as many useful articles and sources as I could. I know that curating information on topics is frequently what takes the most time when researching, so hopefully this will help you in that phase of your researching.

Here is what I found:

This link: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/parenting-in-digital-age goes to a list of different links that Psychology Today has already curated regarding parenting and technology. I found this article to be especially interesting, as it references a flipped classroom, which is part of what I have been looking at for my project. However, in this article the emphasis is on flipped parenting. The article includes a list of rules that the parents and children came up with together about technology.

I also found a national survey about parenting in the digital age which I only skimmed. However, it looks promising from what I did look at.

This website is entirely devoted to helping parents in a digital age.

This article about iPad Bootcamp for Parents also looks like it might give you some insights on your topic.

I hope some of this helps you! Let me know if you need more help. I would be happy to help find more resources for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment