Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Moving into phase two of academic blogging

I really like the idea of the three phases of academic blogging. As I look over my blog posts in context of Dr. Burton's post, I can see that I am firmly in phase one of blogging. I like the idea of improving my skills and moving on to phase two and, eventually, phase three. However, as with all new things, I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at how much I really have to improve on.

I really appreciate how Dr. Burton talks about this being a process that takes time, and not something that I am supposed to instantly grasp how to do. As with most skills, learning how to blog more effectively will take time, patience, and lots of practice! That gives me hope that moving from phase one to bigger and better things is within my grasp.

I also liked the idea of spirals. I like the idea of going back to old topics and exploring them at a deeper level after I've had more time to think about them. I think that process will be useful in helping me move from a more superficial level of looking at things (phase one) to a deeper level of analysis (phase two.)

I expect unit two of our class to be equal parts challenging and rewarding. Bring on the academic blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment