Sunday, September 8, 2013

an introductory post about me :)

happy sunday, team starbuck! i am kind of new to this whole blogging for a class thing...but i'm hoping i will be more tech-savvy by the end of the semester. a girl can dream! 

i, too, am slightly intimidated about reading moby dick and sharing insightful comments on a (semi) permanent and public forum! luckily the chapters are somewhat short, or maybe that's the small font. regardless, it will be an adventure and a book we can all cross off our "famous works read" list.

a little about myself...
i'm a senior, majoring in english, minoring in communications...graduating in april 2014! i've been married for about a year and a half to cory, a lover of swimming, salmon and technology. he is almost done with school too, graduating with a degree in japanese and minor in communication disorders. we have no idea where we will end up after graduation-this fall we are applying for lots of jobs! 

these are my dogs! sienna, our chocolate lab puppy, is crazy...in fact, i had to search through pictures to find one that wasn't a documentation of her doing something naughty-like chewing up rolls of toilet paper or dragging her ceramic food bowl through the dog door, effectively breaking it in half. i love her to death though. she's a little over one year old and we got her august 2012. 

ella, a cocker spaniel, is nine years old and my parents' dog! they sent her on a plane about two weeks ago to our house because they are moving and couldn't handle a dog with all the traveling/packing etc. so she's the newest member of our family and is still adjusting to a new lifestyle (she doesn't get to sleep on our bed all day and eat our table scraps). it's the rough life. and yes, we have yellow suede couches. 

these three creatures make up most of my life, besides school and working as a secretary at the department of visual arts! i LOVE cooking, am trying to get back into running, new girl, big bang theory and downton abbey, and going to farmers' markets/yard sales/thrifting to fund my obsessive decorating habit. 

in answer to our lovely captain's questions: 

1. this is probably the hardest questions for me ever! noodles & co. indonesian peanut saute. curry. sushi. pumpkin ice cream.

2. is it sad i don't have a bucket list? i've had a list of baby names i want to name my kids since i was thirteen. creepy, but true. and i want to build and decorate my own home!

3. ella enchanted was my childhood favorite book. i love pride and prejudice and louis l'amour books.  

1 comment:

  1. I love that you have a "famous works read" list. I have a similar mental list as well. :) I was prepared to plow through a horribly dull first eighteen chapters, but I'm pleased to say that so far this book is holding my attention just fine. I'm especially fascinated (and horrified) by the character Queequeg. What did you think of our reading assignment for Monday?

    ReplyDelete