Friday, September 6, 2013

Call me Oatmeal

Hello and happy semester start to you! Welcome to team Starbuck.

This is probably him. I know nothing about Moby Dick yet. 
I've been assigned as your team captain, and I'm excited to get to know this crew! We will be sure to sink all the other ships. And by sink the other ships I of course mean, "engage in an enlightening discussion and not try to sabotage our classmates." (But of course, why assign us as ships if we're not going to battle? Come on.)

I'm personally a little intimidated by this book, no lie. I wish to overcome this intimidation by getting overly excited about Moby Dick. Even if I don't really get it on my own, I can do my best to read and then come to class with questions.

In case you didn't get everything in the emails and the syllabus (I know I tend to skim things that are more than a paragraph) our assigned blogging days are Wednesday and Saturday. Please make sure to post something about yourself so that I can get to know you! I'm sure you've heard the same "What's your major?" "Where are you from?" questions on campus and you are welcome to answer those. What I would like to know is:

  1. What is your favorite food?
  2. What's a cool thing on your bucket list?
  3. What is your favorite book?
I would also like to know why, but you don't have to get crazy. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi! Thanks for reminding us of our blogging days. I agree with you that this book is a little intimidating. It is nice, however, that we will have read the entire thing by the end of this month. Also, based on our last class discussion, I imagine that we will learn a lot from each other.

    Here are my answers to your questions:

    1. I don't really know whether or not this counts as food, but my weakness is chocolate chip cookie dough.
    2. Get a book published (I have to write one first though!)
    3. You should know better than to ask a fellow English major to answer this question! My current favorite is probably Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. But it changes regularly!

    What are your answers to the questions that you posted?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw man, I'm a total sucker for cookie dough. I've had multiple jobs where it's been upsettingly accessible. I've eaten way too much in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete