Saturday, September 7, 2013

Team Starbuck FTW


Captain Heidi/Oatmeal(?), thanks for the welcome! 

I, too, am a bit intimidated by the whale of a book (pun definitely intended) we have to read this semester. Intimidated, but also excited to finally join the ranks of those dedicated souls who have completed Moby Dick and are able to lord it over their friends and enemies...

A little about me:

My name is Ariel Letts–yes, like the mermaid and no, I wasn't named after the movie. I'm from Florida and studying English. I love all things science fiction and watching television is my hobby. I just finished up an internship in LA and am having withdrawals so please forgive me if I bring it up more than is strictly necessary. I am also an avid Twitter-er, that's my main source of news, so feel free to follow me: aletts01


Fun facts about me, as requested by my captain:

1. I'm pretty positive I could eat mac and cheese for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy 

2. It's a cliche bucket list item, but I've always wanted to go skydiving 

3. I never get tired of Jane Eyre, more on that here 


I am excited for this class and look forward to getting to know all of you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading Jane Eyre right now! I'm almost done and I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed it. I'm usually a fantasy/sci fi person myself, so having a classic fiction tale entertain me so much was quite the surprise. I think it might be because Jane just has so much spunk. I love her. Hopefully Moby Dick will be just as entertaining a read!

    ReplyDelete