Sunday, September 8, 2013

Introduction

Hello fellow members of Team Starbuck (Starbuckers?)

I have never read Moby Dick before, but this I've wanted to read it since I was about 12 years old because of watching this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir0HU1nNcEI. I have high hopes for this novel because this clip makes it look so appealing. :)

I am an English major. I will graduate in 3 semesters. I served a full time mission in Nauvoo, Illinois and have been home for just over a year. My favorite color is sunshine yellow because it's such a happy color. I love playing cards and board games (especially when I win!) but I'm not actually that competitive.

Also, you should all know that I have never been very big into social media. I have never tried blogging before, so please be patient with me as I figure it out. In fact, I generally don't post much on any social media sites, including basic ones like Facebook. I think this class will be very helpful by giving me good motivation to actually actively join in a dialogue with others.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better this semester!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I'm also an English major that feels like I don't participate in social media. Though, that claim could be countered with how much I am on facebook. I've never read Moby Dick but having started it, I'm finding myself really enjoying it. We'll see if that lasts, but I'm hoping it'll continue. Being close to graduation is the best feeling ever. Good luck with your 3rd to last semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Victoria! I'm glad to know that I'm not alone :)

    ReplyDelete